Accessibility Statement for DK’s Beach Boutique
Updated April 05, 2022
DK’s Beach Boutique is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
DK’s Beach Boutique takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of DK’s Beach Boutique Website:
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
- Subscribe to AQA, a WCAG 2.1 AA automated website scan tool to ensure technical compliance.
- Hire outside consultants to manually scan our site to uncover elements not discovered by the AQA tool as well as to provide additional recommendations for greater compliance.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. DK’s Beach Boutique Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of DK’s Beach Boutique Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on DK’s Beach Boutique Website:
- Phone: (305) 922-2493
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Postal Address: 303 SADOWSKI CAUSEWAY, KEY COLONY BEACH, FL, 33051, USA
We try to respond to feedback within 24 hours. Over weekends, vacations, and holidays, there may be a longer response time.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
DK’s Beach Boutique Website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- The latest versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge, Google Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox are all compatible browsers.
Accessibility of DK’s Beach Boutique Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of DK’s Beach Boutique Website, there may be some limitations. Our website is built using the content management system, WordPress and plugins. The WordPress theme and plugins are third-party developed and we do not have the capability to modify them. We have reached out to the third-party developers and have made them aware of the ADA non-compliance issue. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
DK’s Beach Boutique assessed the accessibility of DK’s Beach Boutique Website by the following approaches:
- Self-evaluation – the entire site was tested using UsableNet AQA, an enterprise-level accessibility reporting tool based on the technology provided by the WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool, created by WebAIM.org, a third-party authority in web accessibility. The site is tested periodically to ensure any added or edited content and code conforms with the latest accessibility guidelines, as reported by the WAVE tool.
- External evaluation – we hire outside consultants to manually scan our website using assistive technologies and provide additional recommendations that the AQA tool does not uncover.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
DK’s Beach Boutique
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 2 business days and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to DK’s Beach Boutique, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading the DK’s Beach Boutique website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage:
Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
· Mozilla Firefox : Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
· Google Chrome : Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
· Internet Explorer : Click Here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
· Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support
Our destination website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group. Please see our Site Map for easy navigation at: https://dksbeachboutique.com/site-map/
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
The site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
· Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
· Section 508, Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accessibility Software and Services
The following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
· Click Here for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
· Click Here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
· Click Here for Lynx, a free text-only web browser.
This statement was created using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.